Framework by Tom Frame
So, what is Framework and why should you care?
Well, the book is a collection of 34 of Tom's best card effects, created from 1978 to 2011. It's a 7" x 10" hard-back book with a full color dust jacket. It's 294 pages long, with 238 photographs.
- Jon Racherbaumer wrote the Foreword.
- Each copy includes custom gaffs for "Son of Hyper-Warp."
- The methods require an intermediate level of technical ability.
- All of the effects include scripted presentations.
- With the exception of one item, all of the effects have previously appeared in print.
- Several items appeared in various magazines.
- Tom resurrected five effects from Framed! because they deserve better treatment than they received in that the homely, obnoxious tome.
- From his lecture notes, he included all of the effects from Scary Hotels and Sinister Ministrations and all but one effect from Covert Operations.
- He snatched one of his very best effects from The Hypercard Project.
- You'll also find two effects from Hold 'Em Magic.
"In his latest book Framework, Tom Frame has assembled another fascinating collection of top-quality card magic. The serious card magician will find plenty of effects and ideas to mystify and entertain every type of audience."
- Jason England
"All other things being equal, what separates a magician from the rest of the crowd is choice of material. Card enthusiasts will find some strong contenders in the pages of Framework. I enjoyed it. I think you will, too."
- Mike Close, MUM November 2015
"Tom's elegant, thoughtful Framework will be a welcomed happy thing for the serious sleight of hand aficionado"
- Paul Harris
"Tom Frame's new book, Framework, has some magnificent routines, fun patter, and some great tweaks to some standard moves. I can honestly say I am a better cardician now than I was before reading this book."
- Allan Ackerman